|HOME||NEWS||WHO ARE WE ?||CHAPTERS||INTERNATIONAL||FEM’ENERGIA AWARD||PARTNERS||JOIN US !|
What is WiN France ?
At the beginning of the 90s, various opinion surveys established that the nuclear industry met more difficulties communicating with women than men, particularly in certain countries such as Sweden and Switzerland.
It is in this context that a European program « Women and nuclear energy » was launched within the framework of the European Nuclear Society (ENS) by women working in the nuclear power field.
This program led to the creation in 1992 of Women in Nuclear (WiN). Soon after, the French Nuclear Society (SFEN) created WiN France branch and organized the first international annual meeting in Paris of WiN in 1993.
– To inform the public, and more particularly women and young people about jobs and applications of nuclear power through their expertise and their professional experience;
– To promote dialogue with female opinion leaders, using direct and concrete language;
– To strengthen the visibility of women in nuclear business sectors (energy, medicine, research, etc…);
– To encourage young women to choose scientific or technical careers;
– To develop collaborations and partnerships with other French and foreign associations.
– Participation in forums and in job meetings organized for high school students and women searching for a job at a regional and a national scale;
– Mentoring of young graduates;
– Organization of Fem’ Energia award in partnership with EDF and WiN Europe;
– Organization of conferences on applications of nuclear power (energy, health, arts);
– Newsletters for WiN France members;
– Participation in public debates on the energy transition;
– Events in partnership with associations such as Women and Sciences, Women Engineers and women’s networks within companies.